The client is an Israel based company developing email client that makes it easy and enjoyable for people to send and receive emails.
Business need was to offshore the complete QA.
- Moved the entire QA to India in a matter of 3 months
- The QA was spread across 4 different sub-teams totaling 20 resources
- Each sub-team had a local associate lead
- The Associate Lead of each team reported to an onsite lead
- A site to site VPN was setup between ThinkSys and the client to enable a better and responsive environment for the teams at ThinkSys
- All KT was done in two phases. In the first phase, the ThinkSys leads visited the client site. In the second phase, the leads visited India to train, meet and greet each member of the team. This also allowed each offshore member to interact with the onsite leads and build good bonding
- All requirements brainstorming, test case review was done along with the onsite lead using Internet Messenger like skype
- There was a regular exchange of daily and weekly status reports.
- The top level stakeholders setup a monthly status checkpoint to ensure that all issues were under control