Software testing is a pivotal part of the software development lifecycle. With the proper testing, the software can become stable and bug-free. Manual and automated testing are the two types of testing that can help eradicate all the issues from the software. Earlier, manual testing was the preferred choice of testers. However, manual testing is time-consuming and leaves the scope of human errors. With that in mind, test automation is the best way to perform testing. Here, you will know all about test automation, its perks, different services, and what to expect from test automation services.
What is Test Automation?
Test automation is using automation tools to perform test cases rather than performing the same test manually. Though the priority is quality assurance, it focuses on the stability of the entire software so that the user experience can be maximized. Some might believe that implementing test automation aims to eradicate manual testing completely. However, automation testing is done to minimize the use of manual testing.
Several organizations still prefer manual testing over automation because of a lack of experience and skill in performing test automation. ThinkSys Inc. offers test automation services so that all organizations can leverage the perks of automated testing for their software. The team at ThinkSys always remains updated with the latest automation tools and techniques to deliver top-notch services.
Benefits of Test Automation
Understanding the benefits of test automation services will help you in knowing how this service can make your software better.
- Fewer Efforts, Better Results: There is no denying the fact that test automation reduces the efforts and time required by testers even while performing complicated actions. The time testers save through automation can make the process efficient and deliver better results over time.
- Cost-Effective: Several organizations hinder from implementing test automation in their software development process as their initial investment is on the higher side. However, in the long run, automating the testing process saves much time, ultimately leading to less investment. In other words, test automation is cost-effective when implemented in the long term.
- Larger Coverage Area: One of the biggest perks of test automation is that it allows testers to have a larger coverage area while testing. More tests can be performed in an application which ultimately tests more features and enhances test efficiency. Achieving the same on an application through manual testing will require a herculean team within a given time.
- Detect Issues Early: Test automation makes testing more accessible and quicker. The development team can work collaboratively with the support team to identify and fix the issues quicker than manual testing, ensuring faster development and delivery speed. As the issues are detected earlier, the overall process becomes quicker and more cost-effective.
Test Automation Services by ThinkSys
ThinkSys is among the best companies for automation testing that will help your organization develop and implement test automation infrastructure. Below are the primary services for test automation.
Test Automation Consulting
The expert team of ThinkSys will work with your organization to determine the most suitable test automation coverage for your software with the test automation consulting service.
- Create the architecture for test automation.
- Integrate test automation with CI/CD pipeline.
- Understand the existing testing plan and strategies.
- Provide suggestions to improve the current testing plan.
- Design the best automation coverage for the software.
Test Automation Process Optimization
In case you have an existing test automation process but want to optimize it for the best outcome. The test automation process optimization service by ThinkSys is your most effective option.
- Setting up of automated test data generation.
- Identify the most appropriate automation tools.
- Create a test coverage strategy with a perfect blend of manual and automated testing.
- Development of automated tests that can be reused.
- Enhancement of test script maintenance process.
Test Automation Professional Services
Let the experienced professionals of ThinkSys handle automated testing for your software and attain the best outcome. From creating a test automation strategy to performing the tests, our experts will handle all the tasks.
- Build a robust test automation strategy and test cases.
- Align the test cases as per the priority.
- Build, perform, and maintain automated test suites.
- Create and manage the test automation framework, tools, and test data.
- Examine the test results and prepare an understandable test report for transparency and overall improvement in the software.
ThinkSys Test Automation Process
Following a planned and systematic approach to test automation is mandatory to get the expected results. At ThinkSys, we always follow a test automation setup plan according to the software needs. Explained below is the test automation process followed by the team at ThinkSys.
Step 1: Planning
The foremost step in our test automation process is creating a robust plan. In this step, our team makes all the necessary measures to analyze the software and build a plan that will suit the most for performing automation testing on your software.
- Evaluate the project and its specifications to understand the amount of test coverage needed.
- Recommend the preferable testing type.
- Advice on picking the right testing levels.
- Create a strategy for test automation infrastructure.
- Planning its integration with CI/CD pipeline.
Step 2: Setting up Testing Environment
Upon creating all the necessary plans and strategies, our team will focus on setting up the testing environment for your project. This step will include the following actions.
- Create a custom test automation framework depending on the software requirements.
- Integrating test automation with CI/CD pipelines.
- Configuration of the necessary testing tools as per the software.
Step 3: Prepare Test Data
Test data is an essential phase of test automation solutions as it helps the test automation engineer understand the software’s specifics.
- Analyzing the characteristics of different data types that the software will manage.
- Understanding the right software specifics.
- Create test data automatically based on the information attained.
Step 4: Performing the Test
The next step in our test automation is performing the test. Here all the preparation and analysis will be put to use to perform the test in the software.
- Generate test cases.
- Streamline the creation of automated tests by developing the relevant testing framework.
- Perform the tests on the software based on the analysis and test cases.
- Measure the test results and generate test reports.
Step 5: Setting up TCoE
Testing Center of Excellence (TCoE) helps centralize test automation practices using corporate testing projects. ThinkSys can also help you implant in-house TCoE to make the most of test automation.
- Create standardized test automation metrics and KPIs.
- Build a standard test automation environment for your organization.
- Use standard test automation tools and frameworks for all the projects in your organization.
Types of Automation Testing Performed by ThinkSys
At ThinkSys, we understand that different software will have different testing requirements. Performing the same testing type on both may not provide accurate results. With that in mind, we perform different types of testing depending on the software type and needs.
1. Automated Performance Testing
Performance testing ensures that the developed software is stable and can handle the utmost load when pushed to its limits. In this testing type, the software is put through various loads and it includes:
- Stress testing.
- Scalability testing.
- Load testing.
- Stress testing.
2. Automated Compatibility Testing
ThinkSys is proficient in performing compatibility testing that will allow you to determine how your created software performs on different devices with different platforms. Under this testing, the following areas are tested on the software.
- Network conditions.
- Different device types.
- The behavior of the software on different platforms.
- Various browsers and their versions.
3.Automated Software Security Assurance
Security vulnerabilities are among the most typical reasons for the downfall of software. By performing automated software security assurance on your software, ThinkSys ensures that your software remains secure from all common security threats.
- Vulnerability scanning.
- Analyzing the existing software code.
- Compliance testing to meet the set standards (DSS, HIPAA, GDPR, GAMP).
4.Automated Functional Testing
Automated functional testing tests every feature of the software and ensures that all the functional needs are met. In this testing, our team will perform the following tasks:
- Develop functional tests for your software
- Run different tests based on their relevancy
- Regression testing to keep the existing features stable after each version release
5.Automated Integration Testing
Integration testing ensures that the workflow of the integrated software remains smooth and consistent. Testing the software integrations makes sure that your business data consistency remains integrated with your software.
- Internal integration testing between software and its components.
- External integration testing between software and third-party applications.
Types of Software we Test
At ThinkSys, we try to deliver the best test automation services and ensure that every client’s testing needs are fulfilled. With that in mind, we cover a broad array of software testing, making us among the top automation testing companies globally. Here are the different types of software on which we perform test automation.
- Cloud-based applications, hybrid apps, and on-premises apps.
- Web, mobile, and desktop applications.
- SaaS, desktop, and mobile software.
- B2B, and B2C applications.
- Applications for internal operations.
What to Expect from Our Test Automation Services?
Before getting test automation services from ThinkSys, you need to get a clear idea of what to expect. Not only will you get the best test automation as a service, but it will also ensure that you get continuous support for the same. Below are the things that you can expect from our automation testing service.
1. Reduce Test Automation Cost
Many organizations do not begin test automation because of its high initial investment. ThinkSys takes all the measures to optimize the test automation costs to enhance the ROI of your project.
- Creating the most cost-effective test automation strategy.
- Splitting test scenarios to make them easier to manage.
- Highlighting the most feasible test automation coverage.
2. Custom Testing Toolset
Every software requires a different tool, and having the same tool for every software may not get the job done. At ThinkSys, we analyze the software and recommend a custom automated testing toolkit for accurate test results.
- Optimization of the existing automated testing tools by adding the necessary integrations, tools, and updates
- Analyze the existing test practices and frameworks and recommend the changes needed for a better outcome
3. Comfortable Timelines
ThinkSys understands that releasing software quickly is the priority of every organization. Considering that, our team ensures that you get the services as quickly as possible with business-friendly timelines.
- Our team will take up to three days to analyze your software’s automation testing needs
- Creating test scripts, test scenarios, and commencing testing will be done within three weeks
4. KPIs to Measure Accurate Performance
ThinkSys believes in providing results with the services. By using the right set of KPIs along with the service, we ensure that our team’s performance remains top-notch. Furthermore, it ensures that transparency with the client is maintained as well. Here are the different KPIs that we perform:
- Number of defects found.
- Test automation coverage.
- Number of scripts while testing.
- Difference between estimated and consumed test automation efforts.
Test Automation Services FAQ’s
Test automation is the process of performing critical testing on the software through automation to make sure that the software is of high quality, reliability, and performance. ThinkSys offers top -notch test automation services for your software.
Regarding automation testing, ThinkSys is one of the best companies that offer this service. With a plethora of services under their portfolio and continuous support, ThinkSys a renowned name in automation testing in USA.
With the rising competition in delivering the best software before anyone else, automation testing has seen an enormous surge. Automation testing ensures high efficiency and better-performing software. Considering that fact, the demand for automation testers has risen as well.
Automation testing tools play a crucial role in making test automation effective. Below are the best automation testing tools that are in demand in 2022.
- Appsurify TestBrain.
Testers prefer test automation during the production environment as it allows them to test the software in real-time where they can change the data as per the current needs. Apart from that, it gives them a sense of confidence that every component is working fine. In other words, the role of test automation in a production environment is to identify and fix bugs in the initial stage so that they do not hamper the user experience.
The accurate cost of test automation will depend on the number of testers and the hours they put in to accomplish the task. Furthermore, the cost of acquiring automation tools and resources also adds up. Though it may sound expensive, and it is initially, the ROI is extremely high in the long run. Once you opt ThinkSys test automation or QA services, our team ensures the necessary measures and create the perfect strategy for your software to ensure you get the most ROI.
Our Latest Posts